Stronger You is an online small coaching Group (Women-only ) designed to not only help you establish exercise as a habit, but To also help you learn important foundational exercises to keep you moving well & pain free.
It's a fantastic Base to build upon if you're interested in learning how to strength train, and if you already run, lift weights, or do any regular movement - it's a fantastic foundation to add.
Program length: 8 weeks
COST: $199 USD
What Is The Stronger You Foundations Program?
Stronger You Foundations (SY-F) is an 8 week online coaching group designed to help women create a movement habit and teaches women how to establish a solid foundation of mobility and stability exercises. These exercises become a solid foundation for safe strength training, reducing the risk or injury as we age.
This coaching is 100% online and self-paced. You practice your exercises on your time when it works for your busy lifestyle!
When you know how to listen to your body, warm up & strength train safely and consistently, and embrace moving often - you'll have more energy, improve bone density, improve your metabolism, reduce fat, and slow the aging process.
Foundations is here because I believe all women deserve to feel comfortable and confident in the gym, or working out alone at home. Borrowing a comparison from my previous career: Just like the Flight Attendants tell you on a flight "put your oxygen mask on first and THEN attend to others" - we spend decades prioritizing others, often to the detriment of our own physical and mental health. Let me help you learn how to move well, move often and establish a solid foundation of moving well.
I work with BUSY women who have careers, families, friends, aging parents, and feel the effects of putting themselves last for far too long. Not everyone can afford 4, 8, or 12 hours with a personal trainer each week. Not everyone can make that work into their schedule. With this online approach I hope to bridge a gap. Whether it's limited finances, crazy crunched time, gym intimidation, needing your own cheerleader or wanting a small group of like minded women to join you on your journey - together we can do this.
What Will You Learn?
- The first week you'll interact with me online to set goals, practice a few self assessments for breathing, posture, as well as learning to move without losing proper alignment.
- Over the next few weeks, via private video, I'll share with you specific exercises to help you build a foundation of exercises that will help you move better and reduce your risk of injury. The exercises I'll share with you are part of my own foundational moments that keep me moving well and pain free. I'll be teaching you, guiding you, and encouraging you. In this foundations course we will be building just that - a foundation. Loaded movements come later, after you master moving well without load (weight). These exercises can be done ANYWHERE. How easy is that?
- We will begin to practice specific exercises as mini-workouts. Later these can be grouped to become a solid warmup for strength training as well as fantastic for a mobility/stability movement day. I usually spend one 20-30 minute block of time each week going through many of these exercises as a way to "recover" in between strength workouts.
Who Is This Program For?
- Women who are open to learning. You want to move well without pain and without increasing your chance of injury, while learning to incorporate strength training into your busy life. Do you know what happens when you place weight (load) on top of dysfunction (restricted mobility and/or stability)? It's called an injury. These are the exact foundational exercises I teach to my private clients.
- Women who notice a difference in their bodies begins to happen in their 40's, compared to those years where we could eat anything, do little, and not much changed! Oh the days of youth are gone. Age-related muscle loss, called sarcopenia, is a natural part of aging. Less muscle means greater weakness and less mobility. After age 30, you begin to lose as much as 3% to 5% per decade. After age 40 we lose approximately 1 percent of our lean muscle mass per year. This is why between our 40's and 50's we notice such a difference compared to our 30's. But just because you lose muscle mass does not mean it is gone forever. The good news is strength training can combat this loss.
- Women who want to feel comfortable in the gym. The benefits of strength training are well established. You want to lose weight by reducing body fat and building lean muscle, but don't always know what to do or exactly how to do it. Maybe you go to the gym and feel intimidated by those around you who seem to know exactly what they're doing.
- Women who crave accountability and a community of like minded women. Carving out time for yourself is HARD. Learning how to incorporate exercises safely can be confusing. Not everyone can afford a personal trainer. Why continue putting off making yourself a priority? If you want a community of other women who share you're interests and are crazy busy too - this is the group for you.
- Women who want to get leaner, stronger, and healthier. Through FSTW you gain the knowledge and tools to make that happen. In the end though ... it's up to YOU to make the time.
- Women who want to learn how to exercise for life - but can't afford a personal trainer or the headache of aligning my availability with yours. If you know me personally you know I've had a large life shift the past 6 months in relocating my Mom up to Maryland, selling her home, and getting her cared for medically up here (huge shout out to Johns Hopkins!), while maintaining my online coaching practice, slowly returning to some of my in-person clients, all the while being a mom, wife & daughter. If I'm not working I'm cooking for my family, driving my two teens all around town to their sports and commitments, driving my Mom to her weekly doctors appointments and advocating for her medically, while also ensuring I put my own needs first and foremost, which includes my 3 strength training workouts each week. So - needless to say I have VERY limited time remaining to take on more private clients. This program is an attempt to bridge the gap between costs, my crazy busy schedule and your crazy busy life!
WHY ME AS YOUR COACH?
- I'm an ACE Certified Personal Trainer with the heart of a teacher. My passion is in helping others to learn to move well without pain. In 2011 I was diagnosed with a herniated L4-L5, L5-S1. Poor movement patterns from years of teaching repetitive Body Pump classes with weak glutes and tight hip flexors, along with scoliosis from T2-L5, led to my injury. I was teaching group exercise and cueing participants to squeeze their glutes but I didn't even know HOW to use my own glutes properly. I was cueing participants to "smash their belly buttons to the floor" (have you heard that one recently?) when in fact that is wrong, wrong, wrong. I spent several years working with a physical therapist and trainer to master movement re-education.
- I am Functional Movement Systems Level 2 Certified (FMS) trainer. It was working with a trainer who had this certification that helped me get out of pain and learn to move pain free. I then decided to leave flying and become certified as a trainer, mentoring underneath the trainer who had helped to bring ME out of pain (shout out here to Vic Selvaggi of Kinetic Systems). The exercises I'll share with you are part of my own foundational moments that keep me moving well and pain free. Click here to learn more about me, and scroll to the bottom to see my certifications.
Last But Not Least:
Simply being in this group won't change your body. You have to take charge of your life and create your changes through consistency. No one HAS the time. We're all given the same 24 hours. It's not about prioritizing your schedule, but instead - learning to schedule your priorites. Learning how to do just that takes time, and practice.
If you're willing to learn, and to commit to practicing (and notice I said practicing here ... NOT perfection!) - I'm here to guide you.
- We will do a "lite" version of health & nutrition where I'll introduce you every two weeks to a new wellness habit to practice. During our 8 weeks together we'll experiment with 4 lifestyle habits.
If you are ready to begin, then here you go!