2 - 2.5 lbs. ground turkey (2 packages of Aldi ground turkey = 2.5 lbs)
1 onion, diced
4 Tbs. coconut flour
1/2 c. Organic Ketchup, divided
4 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. dried marjoram
2 tsp. dried thyme, or 3-4 tsp fresh
1 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. olive oil
2 x 9” loaf pans (or form one in a pan with wax or parchment paper, wrap tightly in saran and freeze to bake another week.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray each 9” loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place 2 tsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. To the onion mixture, add 4 Tbs. of the ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, coconut flour, marjoram, thyme, salt, and the onion/sauce mixture. Using clean hands, mix the ingredients until just combined and transfer to prepared pan. Use your hands or a a spatula to even out the meatloaf to ensure even cooking. Spread the remaining 2 Tbs. of ketchup on top & sprinkle with dried basil.
(note: if you are saving one meatloaf for freezing, omit topping with remaining ketchup & basil until you thaw and are ready to bake).
5. Cook at 350 for 50-55 minutes.